Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Step on a crack?

Remember the old childhood taunt "step on a crack and break your mother's back"? Well, I have a 6 year old that recently learned this at school and has been chanting it repeatedly for weeks. Then, in the Sunday comics the Family Circle cartoon had one of the children hopping on the sidewalk and stepping on a crack as the mother, in the kitchen, bent over in pain.

You can imagine that all of this was going through my mind this morning when I flubbed my back up. I wasn't doing anything strenuous or wild, or even out of the ordinary. I bent over to pick up a throw pillow out of the floor in the livingroom. I didn't raise up entirely and went to scoot my 3 year old over so I could sit by him on the couch. Somewhere in between picking the pillow up and moving him, my back seized up and felt like it was on fire. I spent most of the day in pain. I managed within a few minutes to get on the couch and I didn't move for 4 hours. When I did finally move, I had my husband take me to the chiropractor for an adjustment. I feel a little better and I'm sure it will be fine... but I had to tell my girl not to step on any more cracks! LOL

So... Mango Tango... does anyone remember the blog train collab that I participated in for Sunshine Studio Scraps? Well, somehow my 4shared account was messed up and the link became inactive. I am uploading it now to reattach it but I wanted to make a note here so that anyone missing it can still get it! You can find it by clicking HERE.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Scrapbook Freebies Search List, under the Animal Theme post on Jan. 16, 2009. Please, notice that I've changed my url(and blinkie). Thanks again and Happy New Year.